Saturday, February 18, 2012

"La Vida" - Life - Newest Painting

Here's the city apartment multi-view I was working on. Although it's quite large at 16 x 20, it was particularly intricate to do, with so many tiny people and actions. It was fun coming up with each window idea, but I won't be trying this kind of thing again. It was the equivalent of doing 11 miniature paintings (including the pigeons) and one large (detailed, with those shutters) background.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It works as a decorative piece, would suit a modern interior, but doesn't pop the way I prefer. I really do prefer the serenity involved in painting landscapes, but they are less popular than my quirky folk paintings. Interesting to see if this one sells. It's listed on my EBay, of course.

What do you think? Your feedback would be appreciated.












Postscript: Already has a bid, which is almost an instant sale. I like  this kind of response. And yet I was so uncertain...

No comments: