Thursday, March 8, 2012

Neighborhood Yard Sale - It's That Time of Year

Everyone loves yard sales - car boot sales, garage sales, flea markets, whatever you call them. It's good to get there early to find the gems, but they say it's best to drop by just as they are packing up at the end of the day for real bargains. I seem to get them somewhere in between. "One man's trash is another man's...." Anyway, I dare you to leave without something.
It's some time since I produced such a busy, detailed 16 x 20 painting. I manage one about twice a year. This kind of art takes a particularly long time to paint, although only a very sharp eye will catch it all. I kept coming back to it, adding a bit of this, and a highlight here and there. This is painting out of pure sentiment, because I was feeling nostalgic for all the treasures I’ve found in the past.














Even as I look at this now, I am reminded that a friend is still waiting for me to do another quilt sale painting. Be patient a little longer please, Squeakie

No comments: