Thursday, November 20, 2008

Second Draft Montrose Scooter Girl

I have been painting most of the day, which is why I'm late getting here. Of course, I spent about 3 hours this morning browsing the computer, emails, blogs, sites that linked from the blogs, sites that linked from the links that linked from the blogs. It is like an incredible maze and, once you're in it, it's hard to find your way back. I just love it. I have found so many wonderful things out there.



Well, here is the second draft of my commissioned painting. It is a little surrealistic now, because my customer wanted the scooter and rider to be larger, and well in the foreground. Hope she doesn't appear to be flying OVER Montrose. We'll see what the client thinks.

I think my computer is sick. Hard drive is starting to make grinding sounds every so often, and I'm dreading the moment it gives up suddenly. I intended to get a new one, anyway (can I say the word 'Mac' here?) as I am frustrated by the inconsistency of PCs. But it's a big step. It means I won't have an operating computer while all my data is transferred to the new one, and there will be inevitable glitches, I should think. I would be (as all of you would) so LOST without access to my computer. I don't have a car (I'm dreadfully, wonderfully Green), don't really use my cellphone (but had to have one), don't use my landline phone much, only watch CNN, BBC, and a few other things on TV, so wouldn't crash without that (well, maybe CNN) and yet I would be DEVASTATED to not have my computer. Oh my, what a thoroughly modern Granny I am.

Thank you, dear FAM girls at Etsy, for visiting. I look forward to more of that.

That's it for today, as I have to check more stuff on the computer.

No comments: