Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Latest Paintings. Mostly a Little Funky-Looking.

I've finished another five paintings since last week. Two of them were almost done anyway, but needed tweaking and varnishing. You have to acknowledge I have rather weird taste in subject matter. From city life to beach reveries, from sketchy, folky people to pretty, more realistic city girls, from Great-grandma's kitchen, to cappuccinos al fresco. And I've done another of my Gran,  but haven't quite finished her yet. Is the world really ready for yet another Gran?


"Downtown"

"Reunion"


"Sunday Morning"


"Nostalgia"


"Private Pool"

Guess I'll keep these coming, as long as my canvas supply holds out. I have no idea what else I'll do, but it's just like writing. It always comes out of the blue, and is usually a delightful surprise.




No comments: