Monday, January 26, 2009

Wonders of Whimsy - Jennifer Carter

Jennifer Carter, of Wonders of Whimsy, is featured here today. I'm proud to have her here.

I found Jenny because we are both cat lovers. Not just ordinary, 'Aren't-cats-cute?' cat lovers, but 'Oh-my-God-I-have-to-do-something!' cat lovers. Jenny mentioned wanting to open her own sanctuary and if she wasn't so far away I'd gladly join her in the operation. Seriously.

Her Cat Rescue blog is so heart-warming, and seeing all her efforts trying to save unwanted cats, I wish the distance didn't exist between us, because I would take over some of her night shifts. She's out there at all hours, trying to catch the poor things, to get them to safety. She could do with some donations for this, too, although she's also offering two of her creations as prizes in a raffle to help the cats. I urge you to check out what she's doing. I hope you are as moved as I am by her dedication and perhaps can help her in some small way.

The following is a tiny taste of her work, because she is into so many different things, and you should go to her Wonders of Whimsy blog to see what I mean. Today I'm featuring some of her wonderful folk art dolls and just a few of her paintings. Of course, her link will remain in Great Sites to Visit in the sidebar.













I know Jenny would be delighted to have you visit her art site. I suspect she would be even more delighted if you checked out her cat rescue site. I'm searching for a perfect award for her. She deserves it, tenfold.

2 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

Wow, that was such a nice post. Thanks so much for all the lovely things you said and for posting this about my blog and art. I am so happy that you found me!!

Hugs~
Jenny

Fran Caldwell said...

I only wish I could do more. I'll be bringing you back soon.