Friday, January 3, 2020

Happy New Year! Presenting My latest Colonial-Style Portrait and a Seascape Work-in-Progress



I hope you're all recovered from the year-end celebrations. I had nothing to recover from, of course. Very quiet life these days.

In a fit of nostalgia, because it's so long since I painted a Colonial Gentlemen, I produced this one, "The Young Dandy". Fussy clothes and coiffure, somewhat superior attitude evident, but he is just how I imagined a comfortably-off young man would have been in the 19th Century. I know the lady portraits are more popular, but there's nothing quite like a historical male figure to soften a room, particularly if it's a modern interior.

Hope you like him.


"The Young Dandy" 20 x 24 inches






Below is another 20 x 24 inch painting I've just started - only a preliminary background at this stage.with lots of work to be done. I'll post more views as I proceed. I usually don't show work-in-progress, but decided I'd like to with this one. There will figures, but you'll have to wait to see who they are.





Will post again in a couple of days. Best wishes to all of you.


No comments: